Serving the Lord in Russia

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spring and Summer in Moscow - Part 2

We continue to have great missionaries arrive from the MTC and in August we received six elders and two sisters.  We love them already!
 
When we visited Yaroslavl we had some time to do a little sightseeing of the city.  Yaroslavl is about a four-hour train ride northeast of Moscow and is a beautiful city.  We had a wonderful time with our missionaries, members, and seeing the city.
 
This is where the Volga and Kotorosl Rivers meet.
 
 
 
Buying a t-shirt in Yaroslavl.
 
 
We attended the YSA Conference last weekend that was held just outside of Moscow.  Young Single Adults from the Russia Moscow, Russia St. Petersburg, and Russia Samara Missions were invited to attend and there were around 182 who came, plus the leaders.  This is the only picture I have of the conference so far, but I will post others in my next blog.  This picture was taken at one of the dances that was held.  We had a great time with our young single adults.  They are the best! 
 
 
Here it is September now and summer is over.  It is actually cold here (last night the low was 40 degrees and the high today was 58) and some of the leaves on the birch trees are turning yellow.  They are predicting an early winter in Moscow this year, darn.  I'm looking forward to the beautiful autumn days so I hope winter will stay away for a while.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank your for your blog. Our daughter is now in the MTC and will be coming to your mission in Nov. It helps me as a mother see what her mission will be like. We look forward to reading your blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son enters the MTC in October destined for Russia Moscow. We have not yet received the Mission President's letter with information about what we should send with him and what he can or should purchase there. Is this something you could send electronically to me? thank you so much for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Sorenson, I just found this blog while I was searching for images of Moscow for a Russian presentation! It has been so great to look through all the pictures. I'm doing well, but of course miss Moscow and especially everyone over there! I love and miss you and President Sorenson especially!

    ~the former Sister Ashby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister Sorenson,
    I'm at Utah State University and I am looking into doing study abroad at Moscow State next summer. I wanted to find out more about where I would go to church, maybe going on splits with the missionaries, studying with the missionaries, etc. So far, this blog is the only way I've been able to find to contact someone in the mission for information. Can you help me out? My email is wlwpetty@gmail.com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete